Thursday, January 17, 2008

Unknown Caller...




OK so we have all ran to the phone when it rings only to find that it is the dreaded UNKNOWN CALLER... Well Brian and I usually answer and immediately hang up, but not lately. I am at home all the time and I get so pissed when the phone rings and Brylee is asleep or I run to answer it only to find that it is an UNKNOWN CALLER. So we decided to have a little fun with them. You have all seen that movie ELF (which is my favorite) and if not Will Ferrell who plays the Elf "Buddy" answers the phone "Buddy the Elf, What's your favorite color."
So I started answering all UNKNOWN CALLS like this around Christmas and every time the UNKNOWN CALLER would hang up, never to be heard from again. We would just crack up every time. Well tonight, I was thrown for a loop that I did not see coming, and needless to say I was the one who hung up. I was so caught off guard. I did just as I normally do "Buddy the Elf, What's your favorite color?" and what do I hear...




UHHH - AHHHH - UHHH






GREEN!!!!




That's right folks this UNKNOWN CALLER actually gave me a color. It was as if I was shocked that he knew his colors. I could think of nothing. I rounded the corner and looked at Brian with a stunned face and quickly hung up the phone. Brian was laughing so hard when I explained what had just taken place. He was making fun of me because I was caught so off guard that I could not think of a response. So in case this happens again tell me what you would say so that I never find myself in that position again.




Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a Dork!! I do agree that the phone ringing with a sleeping baby is very upsetting!! Kirby seems to think that it's OK to call our house after 9:00pm. I get mad every time.

Robyn

jpasalakis said...

I remember when Brian used to answer the phone, "Heaven, God speaking."

Anonymous said...

Mary Lou says she is getting the same kind of calls but i just don't answer them but with a sleeping bady i do understand