Friday, January 11, 2008

1st Treatment


OK - We had our first treatment today and to say the least it was not what we expected. He laid Brylee on the chair and sat with her and began to massage and then...

(Keep in mind she is SOUND ASLEEP)
When all of the sudden and turns her head towards me and jerks it! Mama and I are stunned. Brylee's eyes are wide open and she begins to scream. We are so shocked by what we have just seen we cannot say anything. He talks to her and calms her down and then talks to us to calm us down.

I told him he should have warned us so that we could be prepared and I could have sat outside. Within seconds she was calmed down and he was massaging her. I think she was more startled from being awakened in such a fashion that she cried out. I was horrified but she seems to feel much better.

She has been turning to her left on her own and does not seem to be in any pain. She has two visits next week on Monday and Wednesday. He said that the stress of the delivery and the vacuum may have pulled some things out of alignment and he just needs to get her realigned and the muscles should start to loosen up once that takes place and she will be fine. Thus avoiding a helmet considering the flat spot is caused by the fact that she does not turn to her left alot. Thank goodness! Thanks for all the prayers, and please keep us in them.

Love You All!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Misty, I just read your blog and didn't know that Brylee was having problems.It's good to know that she did well today and I hope it continues.If there is anything we can do to help please let me know.

Heather said...

I bet that had to scare you when the doctor went "crack" with Brylee's neck. Poor baby! People say that it makes your neck feel better. Hope this helps.

jpasalakis said...

Remember that saying, "It's going to hurt me more than you."