Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week 27

Brylee Taite is growing and it is becoming more obvious to me in many ways other than the growing belly. I am noticing a little more discomfort from day to day, but I wouldn't take anything for her little movements. It is truly an amazing experience. Here is an update on where we are at in our 27th week.



Your baby is really starting to get big. This week she weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with his legs extended. She now sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.




We have our next visit the 13th, and should start going a little more than every four weeks soon. We are getting ready to pre-register at the hospital and possibly for some classes. Tell us what you think about the taking the classes, are the necessary?? We are looking at childbirth classes and breastfeeding classes. What do you think?




Mama bought Brylee her 1st Titans outfit last week and she was tickled to death to have found a pink one. They are big Titans fans and Bama fans so she now has a pink outfit for each team.




















We spent the extended weekend just hanging around the house and making two trips to the Boro. We were trying to find Emily's hamster Chewy Ricky Bobby a new house. We bought one Saturday and assembled it, placed him inside, and watched. After a few minutes we decided he needed a bigger home. So we went back Sunday and got him a bigger house with some accessories. He seems to really like it. Here he is just sleeping so soundly on the top of his new house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna Claire has the same Titans outfit!! As for the classes, you already know my opinions, but I will give them again. I cannot comment on the BreastFeeding, as we formula fed, but I would think that you would need classes for for that. As for Child Birth, it comes natural. Your body knows what to do naturally. I don't think anyone can teach you what to do or prepare you enough for what you are going to feel. The Nurses at MTMC are GREAT!!! If you need to do anything or stop doing something (like pushing), they will tell you. Some classes teach you to find something to focus on - I personally don't buy it!! I had my eyes closed every time I pushed and when I stopped pushing I just laid back and rested for the next push. I promise you will be fine without Child Birth classes and you know I would never steer you wrong.
My main advice would be -
Get the epidural!!!!!!!
You DO NOT want to feel the pressure that Brylee Taite will cause at 8cm!!!! I have tons of respect for the women that give birth naturally!!! At 8cm I felt like I was giving birth to Kerry and then the epidural fixed it all!!! (If they would have known that I was 8cm I would have had to have Anna Claire naturally - but the Nurse assumed that I was only at 4cm - Thank Goodness!!!!!)
You'll do Great!!!
Robyn

Heather said...

Yes Robyn is correct....GET THE EPIDURAL! Take the breastfeeding class if you plan on that. Avery really liked the child birth class. It helps with the basic! As far as focusing and trying to breathe, I held my breath alot( I know it was not the correct thing)!

TheWattFamily said...

Misty,
Take the classes! You probably won't need them, or even care once everything is over with...but they're fun! And you should do it now because with baby #2, you won't have time. Enjoy every part of it.
AND, nobody is passing out gold stars to those who endure the pain! Get the drugs!
Karen

jpasalakis said...

I took both the child birth and breastfeeding classes and they were very valuable. I would definitely recommend them both. Make sure Brian goes to them both with you. I'm glad you are hoping to breastfeed..it is such a great way to bond with your baby and I really enjoyed it.