Sunday, September 16, 2007

Back To Work!

Well, tonight is Brian's 1st night on 3rd shift and none of us are looking forward to it. He left a few minutes ago and I am already hating it. We keep telling ourselves how lucky we are that this is only going to be for a short time rather than potentially a few years. Hopefully, we will both be able to adjust to sleeping for this short period of time. He can sleep through almost anything and I barely sleep at all these days so hopefully it will all be over soon. He will remain on 3rd shift until they get someone trained and then he should be back on days. We are praying that he will be back on days before Brylee arrives.

He will be able to join me at a few of my Dr. visits now, and we are both excited about that. Only 11 more weeks!! It just does not seem like it has been that long at all. Minus the sickness at the beginning this has been a pretty pleasant pregnancy.

We had a pretty relaxing weekend and that was very nice. We both went out with friends Friday night after work, and had a great time. Brian went with some friends from work to Toot's for dinner and I went for a Girl's Night Out to Fuji's. I know us girls had a very nice time and the food was very good, of course Christina and I had to stop on the way home at Sonic for a little chocolate. IT WAS FABULOUS!


Lindy and I went and had our nails done yesterday and it was wonderful. I had a mani-pedi combo. The chair massaged me the entire time and the lady massaged my calves, ankles, feet, forearms, and hands. This is MUST for all the Prego's at least every other week. I was so relaxed I could have fallen asleep if the room were not so bright. Lindy had her toes painted and her nails done. We had a great time.

Mama and Daddy celebrated their 29th Anniversary Saturday, and we sent them to Olive Garden for dinner.

Chance and his friend Kody stayed the night last night. They went to the movies and then on the way home I had a craving for cake. We stopped by Kroger's at which time Chance and Kody were acting so silly. I never realized boys acted so weird. It was hilarious. We ended up with a cake and brownies, both of which were very good, but it turned out that I really wanted a piece of the cake we had a Lindsey's Baby Shower. But I made due.

I went today and bought some good supportive shoes so hopefully that will help with the swelling. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

jpasalakis said...

Keep them toenails painted girl...you never know when they are going to be up in stirrups! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're weekend was relaxing!! Enjoy the time while you can...after December you're free time will be limited, but IT WILL BE TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!! Children are such a blessing and are wonderful entertainers!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Keep track of your blood pressure,,,OK??? Swelling is part of the prego thing, but you don't need to let it get out of hand. Yeah,,,, the pedicure is just heaven. I wish they'd just let me sleep and pick my feet up for me, instead of making me do it. Have you had a parafin wax on your feet??? OH MY GOODNESS!!! Spend the extra $5 and try it atleast once. Auant Patsy