Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rachel's Recipe


I was looking through one of my older Rachel Ray magazines yesterday, for those of you who get the magazine or watch the show; you know she always has some fun idea for animals. Well, I came across this fabulous salad recipe for both people and their pooches. Laney and Lilley LOVE raw carrots and I give them to them as treats daily, because they seem to help with Laney's allergies.


So I decided to try this little mixture out on them last night.Brian was at Wal-Mart and text me to see if I needed anything and I am sure he was thinking I was having so off the wall craving when I requested: shredded carrots, creamy peanut butter, and an orange. He got everything without a second thought and brought it home for me.


When I arrived from work he was at the grill making dinner and I started dumping the carrots into a bowl and heating the peanut butter so that it would be smooth. He came in and looked at me like I was crazy. I then explained that I was making the girls a salad. (He then gives me the, you are a total weirdo look)I began mixing the peanut butter and carrots together and then grabbed the orange (which he had bought several of) only to hear - let me guess the orange is for them too. I said of course. He then had to leave the room. He told me several times that they would just make a big mess with the salad, which I agreed they probably would. Well we were both WAY WRONG.


Laney and Lilley ate every single bite of their salad and wanted more. The mixture made four servings, but I did not want to give it all to them in one night. I kept telling them they would have to wait until tomorrow. They were so precious just licking their lips for about thirty minutes after eating their fabulous Rachel Ray salad. It was a refreshing, healthy treat that they really enjoyed. Love their little hearts!The recipes calls for some other ingredients for people so if you are interested in the recipe for you or your pooch, let me know.

1 comment:

Sondra said...

You'll have to send it to us. I am sure Ellie Mae would love to treat her babies to something different.

Oddie will eat anything and if it happens to be something that he doesn't like he turns it into a toy.

Trixie is a little leary of new things. Of course with her only having a few teeth we have to watch what we give her.

And the new baby Zoey is still kinda watchful with everything here. We have only had her a week.

I'll have to post the kids pictures. Ellie loves taking pictures of them.

Tell Brian not to worry. I love our kids but Shelb aka Ellie Mae gets them crazy looks around here too.