Thursday, August 2, 2007

They're Back!!!



Thank goodness they are back. Daddy, Mama, and Chance made it back safe and sound with a few bumps along the way. They arrived in NY around 2:30pm on Monday and then the fun began. They were scheduled to fly out at 7:20pm and at around 7:19pm Daddy called to let us know that the flight had been delayed until about 9pm. They finally flew out about 9:45pm and after flying for ten hours back from the Ukraine and then sitting for about seven hours at JFK, they arrived in Nashville around 11:30pm. They all went to claim their luggage only to find that only 3 pieces of luggage were there, this was three pieces of luggage for the ENTIRE PLANE! They finally text me around 1am to say that they were finally heading home. They made it to the house around 2am. Daddy went back Tuesday to gather up their luggage and everyone got some rest.



I requested that they cook some dinner for us that night so that we could go visit them, at which time Daddy informed me that I should be cooking for them. I then informed him that I was not the one who chose to leave for TEN days. Daddy grilled some steaks, baked potatoes, and a salad. It was so good! They had a really great time and would definitely be returning in the future. They brought back some really cool stuff for each of us. One thing that I have always wanted and truly love with all my heart is little Slavika (that's what I named her) isn't she FABULOUS! I was so excited when I saw her I was playing like a kid. Some of you may remember on Sesame Street how you would see them all spread out on a table and then they would jump back into one another, if not I do. I just think she is great. These are very big in the Ukraine and are all hand painted.














Brian got a new position at Tower that he has been training in Franklin for all week. He will now be a Controls Tech troubleshooting the programs of the equipment. He is very excited about this position and has actually been offered it three times and turned it down due to the fact that it will be a third shift position. We discussed this a lot and decided that it is a really good career move for him and will be very beneficial in the future so he bid on the job and got it. He will train on days for the next three months and then move to third shift unless something changes (which we really hope and pray) allowing him to stay on day shift. Either way it is a good move and I am sure Ms. Brylee Taite will be very proud of her Daddy, just like her Mommy is.


Mama took a voluntary lay off from Century Mold indefinitely and will now be able to go to my Dr. visits with me and help out now and later with the baby. I am very fortunate to have her readily available to help out. And who better to watch your child if you have to go back to work than your own mother. Brian and I are very blessed to not have to put her in daycare at such a young age.

Lindy will be starting the new school year with a new group of students and a new classroom. She is very excited and the room is much bigger than they one she had last year. She is a great kindergarten teacher and I know Southside is very lucky to have her.

Laney and Lilley are doing well also. I have ordered them some steps to get up onto the bed without assistance so that I am not trying to pick them up and put them in the bed when Brian is on third shift. Keep us all in your prayers, we go back to the Dr. the 16th.

No comments: