Thursday, August 16, 2007

FAILED!!!

Well, I failed my sugar test today. I have to go back next Thursday for THREE HOUR test. I have to be there at 8am and then have my blood tested every hour for three hours. Mama is going to go with me and I am not looking forward to the test at all. I am measuring right on track and the lady obviously does not know how to use a scale because she CLAIMED that I ALLEGEDLY gained 7 lbs. this visit, and I refuse to believe that. Mama and I reviewed my chart carefully and so far looks like I have gained 18 lbs.! My iron was also low so I am now taking an iron pill daily. Please say a prayer that we pass the three hour test Thursday. After that we have another visit the 13th.


The only good thing about it is that I should get at least three hours of reading done on my Harry Potter book. Mama was about to fall asleep today at the office, she had taken some Benadryl just before she met me at the house so hopefully she will lay off that Thursday so that she can entertain me.

Brylee's heart beat was 150 and she has been kicking a lot more lately. Brian and I were laying in bed Saturday night about 11pm and she started kicking. I asked him if he wanted to feel it and placed his hand on my belly only to find that Ms. Brylee Taite would stop the moment he laid his hand there. We finally rolled over to go to sleep because he decided that she was not going to do it while he was trying to feel it. The minute I rolled over she was kicking like crazy it was so funny, I grabbed his hand really quick and sure enough he felt her little kick. I was so glad that he was there to share that moment with me because that was the first time that she had ever kicked so that I could feel it on the outside of my belly. It was very neat.

I am also finding that she becomes very lively late in the evening. I am not sleeping at all at night, not because of her tiny movements but because every time I move I find that I have to get up and go to the bathroom. Not sure if this is because all I drink is water and lots of it or because she is growing and weighing down on my bladder.

Brian is really enjoying his new position and seems to have caught on quickly. He asked me today id anyone ever passed that test because all we here lately is that everyone is failing. Give me your thoughts because I do not want gestational diabetes.

4 comments:

jpasalakis said...

Glad to hear Brylee is kicking more now...it's all so exciting.

Don't stress about your next appointment. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water in this heat and staying cool.

Anonymous said...

I failed all three of my sugar test with my three kids too. No biggy. Just watch you sugar intake. Snack with peanut butter & crackers. I found that with that snack in between my big meals it kept my sugar at a good level. I haven't had to worry with it since.

Hang in there new mommy. Everything will be fine. She's gonna take what she wants and needs.

If she is kicking in the evenings then you better get ready to sit up at the night. Jon and Shell both did the evening kicking and now they like to stay up late LATE.

Anonymous said...

As you know I failed my first glucose test and had low iron. I did pass the 3 hour test and they ruled that the OJ I drank the morning of my first test was the culprit!! I had a diet coke at lunch that day too, but didn't tell!! You've done very well with your weight so far. Keep it up!!

I did well and only gained about 26 pounds through the 8th month and then by the time Claire was born (a day before her due date) I had gained a total of 46 pounds. I retained a lot of fluid the 9th month.

Robyn

TheWattFamily said...

Misty,
Don't worry about the weight. I gained 67 lbs with Cora, 45 lbs with Mae and 60 lbs with Bert. I have 20 more lbs to lose before I get back to where I was when I first got pregnant with Cora. I figured after I lose this 20 lbs, I will have gained and lost over 170 lbs in 3 years. That's a whole person! Even if I don't lose another lb, my babies are well worth it.

Good luck with the sugar. I wouldn't stress out about it. There is nothing you can do...you either are gonna have it or your not. You and the baby will be fine!

Take Care!
Karen