Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Learning, Learning, Learning


Well, I have made it through my first few days with Bemis and there is A LOT to learn. I will be training with the lady that I am replacing until the 5th of January. I am spending the majority of my day watching and taking notes, but I am usually being shadowed in the afternoons. I haven't screwed anything up yet, so I am doing pretty good! Everyone seems to be really nice and most of them have been with the company for over 10 years. The majority of the staff is from Murfreesboro because the company moved to the 'Ville from the 'Boro a few years ago. They are all very envious of the fact that I can go home on my lunch, some have even asked to join me. I have my first lunch date with Amanda tomorrow. (I am very excited to get to send more time with friends that I have not gotten to see in a while because of my old work schedule.)


Laney and Lilley are loving every minute of it. Lilley is still spending her days in the giant cage because she turns into a WILD CHILD when we are gone. She really enjoys getting to go outside in the middle of the day and stretch her legs. We are going to have to get Ms. Laney back to the vet, yet again, because she is breaking out everywhere. Dr. Wilhelm had hoped that we would not have to start her on allergy shots at her age, but it looks like that my be our on hope of ensuring Laney has a comfortable and enjoyable day. You know me, I will do whatever it takes to make sure my babies are happy.

We made it through the Thanksgiving Holiday and Shopping Spree! Stuffed and broke but other than that I cannot complain. Here are a few pictures of Brian and I at Thanksgiving.

Compliments of Eric "Paparrazzi" Pasalakis
.













Thanksgiving was not the same this year without my Granny, but I know Christmas will be 100 times harder for me. I just Thank God that I was given last year with her. My sister and I hosted the Dirty Santa at The Barton Christmas gathering at the Wheel Community Center last Christmas Eve and there was a Santa face door hanger that EVERYONE wanted. Well my Granny ended up with it and being the wonderful Granny that she always will be she made sure that I left with it. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to see that Santa when I opened the many totes I have filled with Christmas decorations. I swear to you I will never cherish anything like I cherish it. I found that I had a river of tears that would not stop as I lifted it from the tote. I do not believe that I will ever have a day that I do not think of her and miss her. I am so fortunate to have been given the time I was given with her. She could have been here for a million years and I can assure you that to me, I would not have been satisfied because that would not have been nearly enough time with her either. I will cherish her memory the rest of my life and always remind myself that life is short. That is one good thing I can say about the way I was raised, I have never doubted the love my family and friends have for me nor do I think that they have ever doubted mine. We have always made sure to say I love you, no matter the circumstance. So if I have not told you lately, I love you and am so thankful for every second I have with you in my life!

Love you all!












1 comment:

Sondra said...

Misty your ending made me cry. That is so like my circumstances with my Daddy. 29 monthes he's been gone and I miss him more today than yesterday. One thing that him and my steppymom taught us was never leave anything unsaid especially the I love yous. Barb passed in 2002; she was only 50 and Dad was 57. It's so hard with them gone. boo...hooo... I know we said it at Thanksgiving but I love you. You are so great to be around. I am glad were family. Love ya!!