Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This too shall pass...

Well we spent the morning in the Bedford County Emergency Room. Brian woke up and was not feeling very well, so he decided to get into the shower and then still did not feel like he should go to work. I was feeding Brylee and he came and he just could not get comfortable anywhere. I went to check on him after laying her down and called my mom and Micky ASAP. He was in the floor in so much pain. For those of you who do not know Brian well, he has a very high tolerance for pain and I have NEVER seen him like this and pray I never see him like that again. Micky came over quickly and he and Brian headed to the ER while I waited for Mama to get here to watch Brylee.

When I made it to the hospital they had inserted and IV and where giving him pain medicines. He was still in a lot of pain but after serveral attempts with the pain meds he started feeling better. They started some fluids and carried him back for a CT scan. He could not lay flat for the scan for very long, but they got what they needed. Several hours later we were informed that Brian had a Kidney Stone that picked today to travel into his bladder. The Dr. said that he should be able to pass the stone due to its size but if he could not or was in an intolerable amount of pain he may need to be admitted. We came home and I went to get his prescriptions and then he rested while I got ready for work. I was on my way to get Brylee from my moms house after work when I received a call from Brian saying that he had just passed the stone. Thankfully!! He is not supposed to go back to work until Thursday and he is supposed to follow up with his Dr. then. I will keep you posted but as of right now he is back to his old self again, thank goodness!



He did not know at the time that I took this, but I got him in some comfy PJ's before he left and he was starting to get HOT in the ER and I snapped this little pic of him to post. Don't laugh because you can tell he is in pain. :)

2 comments:

Sondra said...

LOL!! This is not funny I know. I know how Brian feels. I have been in the ER on two different ocassions with kidney stones. The second time they told me I could start knitting it some booties cause it was the biggest stone they ever seen. Then about 4 years later I was having trouble with my kidneys. The doc had done some tests and said that my kidney was shut down; not working at all, he found a tumor. They went in to take the kidney. Talk about scared I was scared. When they got in there they found that my body tissue was trying to absorb the stone and made it look like the tumor. ALAS my kidney is still in me and I don't have any tumors.

So did Brian feel like he was giving birth with it?

jpasalakis said...

Glad to hear he passed the stone. Bless his heart....when you texted me the picture it scared me to death. Thank goodness the stone passed quickly.