Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Week Old!

Brylee Taite was one week old yesterday! She is a beautiful baby girl and we could not be happier.

We (Me, Brian, and My Mom) went in last Sunday 12/2/2007 at around 7pm. We arrived a little early and spent the next few hours attempting to get my IV in. It took three nurses, one rapid response nurse, and 6 tries to accomplish this task. I was in so much pain and my mom was getting MAD! It was ridiculous. They had the hardest time.

When they checked me upon my arrival I was dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced so they decided not to give me the pill. I was given ambien to sleep that night and apparently began to see little people everywhere. Mama and Brian said I was hilarious. They came in to begin the induction process around 3am and the contractions began shortly after, nothing to bad YET! I am not sure when I got the epidural but I think it was close to 10am. I began pushing around noon and pushed for about four hours and the Dr. ended up having to use a suction thing (not sure what it was called) to help pull her out.

I was a rough labor and I can honestly say that I cannot imagine it without the drugs.

Brylee Taite arrived at 3:40pm.

4 comments:

jpasalakis said...

How dang cute is she!!! I'm glad she arrived here safely...even if she took her time about it.

Heather said...

Congratulations!! Hope everyone is doing well!! Hope to see you soon!

TheWattFamily said...

Misty,
I have been checking this website for pictures and I'm so proud that everything went well.
She is BEAUTIFUL! I hope you're getting plenty of rest (yeah right).
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest thing sorry i couldn't get up to see you but i was a little bit sick but can't wait till Christmas so i can see her i know you both are so proud love you all Great Aunt Mary Lou