Friday, December 14, 2007

Dr. Visit

Brylee had her first Dr. visit on Wednesday. She did very well, she slept all the way there and back. She only cried when we had to strip her down to her diaper for the checkup. She is back up to her birth weight of 7 lbs. 11 oz. which was very good. The Dr. said she looks very healthy and seems to be getting everything that she needs. She is eating and sleeping very well this week. She is waking up twice throughout the night to eat and then goes right back to sleep.

The breastfeeding is going very well; however I have found she seems to get fuller, faster when I pump into the bottles. So I think that is the way we will be going. I don't mind the pump at all and she is still getting all that benefits of breast milk so I am all for it. She is such a good girl.

She changes more and more everyday. I swear she looks like a totally different child each and everyday, of course she just keeps getting cuter. Her Nanny and Papa came by today and she just looks at them while they talk to her like she understands every word. It is so precious. We just love her so much and are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Laney and Lilley are so protective of her. They bark when someone comes over (like always) and Brylee never even flinches. They watch her constantly and just love her so much. We placed a little bow in her hair with karo syrup the other day and I laid her in her boucy seat when I looked down to check on her I saw Lilley down beside her, like always when she is in her bouncy seat, only this time she was licking her head trying to get the karo syrup off. It was hilarious and Brylee could have cared less.

She goes back to the Dr. January 8th 1pm.

1 comment:

TheWattFamily said...

Misty,
I only pumped too. It just seemed easier for the kids and me too. I got to a point where I could pump twice as much as we needed. So when it came time for me to go back to work, I was able to keep feeding breastmilk for a month or more. Good luck with it!
KY Jelly works really well with sticking hair bows in. Once it drys, it's like rubber cement. It comes out with just water and will stay for a couple of days (if handled with care).
I'm so proud everything is going well.
Karen